Author Topic: Manual for user/adminrights  (Read 13681 times)

sdm

Manual for user/adminrights
« on: June 22, 2006, 09:53:09 PM »
Hi,

I really love Knowledgeroot, but I can't get figured out how all the rights in Knowledgeroot works.

Can you explain how all rights work?

And give some examples.
My wishes:
- Everybody should see everything.
- Admin can do and see everything.
- Users can do everything except making new users and roots.

Can you please explain to me how I should configure Knowledgeroot?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 09:10:00 AM by admin »

Offline sdm

• User
    • View Profile
Re: Manual for user/adminrights
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 09:56:47 PM »
To a moderator:

Can you please remove my e-mailadress from the above message. ASAP!
I didn't know that it would become visible.

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lordlamer.de
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 11:09:11 PM »
Hello,

to remove your emailaddress go to your profile and edit your profile. you can deactivate that!

and now, knowledgeroot:
a onlinedocumentation is planed. what special questions to rights in knowledgeroot do you have?

admin can do and see everything! this is possible at the moment.

only an adminuser can create new users and groups and only an admin user can create roots. you can set the rights to the tree so that everyuser can edit this tree. so every user can create new elements in the tree and can create content or could delete or modify it. you must edit the rights for an tree element and can set the rights "read+write" to "others" so that can everybody can do everything with this element. you can also set this right recursiv.

for not logged in users it is not possible to edit the rights or to modify them.

it is not planed up to allow everybody to create roots or users.

if you have more questions you can ask me.

Frank

Offline sdm

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 09:06:50 AM »
Hi Frank,

My first post was done as guest (I wasn't logged in), so I can't remove my e-mailadress. Can you do that for me please?

The main issue I have with the userrights is that I don't know how to configure them.
Can you give me the userrightssetting and contentrightssettings for the following situations:
- Everybody should see everything.
- Admin can do and see everything.
- Users can do everything except making new users and roots.

Thanx

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 09:17:08 AM »
Hi,

an admin can out of the box do everything and can see everything!

To allow all (not logged in)user to do everything you must set the rights for that.

if you create a root a edit a page as admin you can set the rights at the bottom. you must set the rights to "read+write" to userrights, grouprights and otherrights. if you make that all users can create or modify the page and can create or modify content on the page. thats it. its so easy! only set the rights as admin if you edit a page or you create a page or you create a root!

which version of knowledgeroot do you use?

Frank

Offline sdm

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 10:27:34 AM »
I use 0.9.6c

I have the rights as follows:

name   default group   default rights   admin   edit rights   enabled   action
admin   admin               221                   yes     yes                yes   
edit      admin         221              no        no                    yes   

Is this correct?

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 10:36:15 AM »
Hi,

this is only the userlist! Their you can set the default rights for the user. but this is not what you want. you must edit a page as admin!! if you edit the page you see at the bottom a rightpanel their you can set the rights for the page. that is what you want to change/set!

frank

Offline sdm

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 12:20:33 PM »
OK,

I have these rights as follows:

user: admin
group: admin
userrights: read+write
grouprights: read+write
otherrights: read
set recursiv?: no (where can I use this for?)

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 01:15:19 PM »
you need to set otherrights to read+write!

if you say recursiv yes then all subelements and contents of this page and the subpages will set to this rights!

frank

Offline sdm

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 01:19:43 PM »
Thank you.

But I want that others (who are not logged in) can only read the content. They're not allowed to make any changes. That's why I set the otherrights to 'read'.

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 01:20:46 PM »
ah!
ok!

Frank

jorgef

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 11:50:32 AM »
Congratulations for this simple but powerfull software!
I have a problem though... I can't get permissions to work.

If I set permissons on a root to otherrights:no rights only admins will have it listed on the tree!
If I do a search I manage to get to that root for users belonging to a group with the right permissions, but it won't be listed in the tree...

Is this a bug?

Regards.

jorge

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 12:14:45 PM »
Hello,

i have checked that. Here it works right. Which version of knowledgeroot,apache,php,mysql,postgresql are you using?

You must also set the group in which the user is to that tree element! So if you set this to group "xyz" and the user is only in group "abc" he cannot see it.

If you can make a dump i can check that.

regards,
Frank

jorgef

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 01:15:58 PM »
I tried this on knowledegroot 0.9.6.c and 0.9.7.rc3.
MySQL 4.1.12
PHP 4.3.9-3.9

The situation I describde earlier is true for any root or page. It only appear in the tree if it has at least read rights for otherrights.

You can check this in my test site: http://bateria.dsi.uminho.pt/man user:admin pass:admin

My dumps:

mysql> select * from tree;
+----+------------+--------------------------+-------+-------+------------+-------------+-------------+---------+
| id | belongs_to | title                    | owner | group | userrights | grouprights | otherrights | deleted |
+----+------------+--------------------------+-------+-------+------------+-------------+-------------+---------+
|  1 |          0 | DSI                      |     1 |     2 |          2 |           1 |           0 |       1 |
|  2 |          1 | Servicos Administrativos |     1 |     2 |          2 |           1 |           0 |       1 |
|  3 |          1 | Servicos de Informatica  |     1 |     2 |          2 |           1 |           0 |       1 |
|  4 |          0 | SA                       |     1 |     4 |          2 |           1 |           1 |       0 |
|  5 |          0 | Publico                  |     4 |     2 |          1 |           1 |           0 |       1 |
|  6 |          1 | MJLT                     |     4 |     4 |          2 |           1 |           0 |       1 |
|  7 |          0 | MJTL                     |     4 |     4 |          2 |           1 |           0 |       1 |
|  8 |          0 | MJLT2                    |     1 |     4 |          1 |           2 |           0 |       1 |
|  9 |          0 | SI                       |     1 |     5 |          2 |           1 |           0 |       0 |
| 10 |          4 | Missao                   |     1 |     2 |          2 |           2 |           0 |       0 |

mysql> select * from user_group;
+----+--------+---------+
| id | userid | groupid |
| 12 |      4 |       4 |
| 25 |      6 |       4 |
|  6 |      3 |       2 |
| 11 |      4 |       2 |
| 17 |      5 |       5 |
| 16 |      5 |       2 |
| 24 |      6 |       2 |

mysql> select * from users;
+----+---------+----------------------------------+-----------+----------+---------+--------------+---------------+-------+-----------+------------------------+---------+
| id | name    | password                         | theme     | language | enabled | defaultgroup | defaultrights | admin | rightedit | treecache              | deleted |
+----+---------+----------------------------------+-----------+----------+---------+--------------+---------------+-------+-----------+------------------------+---------+
|  1 | admin   | 21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3 | wordpress | en       |       1 |            1 |           210 |     1 |         1 | a:2:{i:1;i:1;i:4;i:1;} |       0 |
|  3 | jorgef  | 60e655024aa16f5a96d401b1f31cf04f | wordpress |          |       1 |            1 |           221 |     1 |         1 |                        |       0 |
|  4 | mjlt    | c12e01f2a13ff5587e1e9e4aedb8242d | wordpress |          |       1 |            4 |           111 |     0 |         0 | a:1:{i:4;i:1;}         |       0 |
|  5 | rvs     | ac5585d98646d255299c359140537783 | wordpress |          |       1 |            5 |           111 |     0 |         0 | a:1:{i:1;i:0;}         |       0 |
|  6 | manuela | c12e01f2a13ff5587e1e9e4aedb8242d | wordpress |          |       1 |            4 |           211 |     0 |         0 | a:1:{i:4;i:1;}         |       0 |

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2006, 01:32:51 PM »
OK. I saw that on your demo.
Thanks for the dump.

I will check this if i am home!
So i will give you a feedback.

regards,